I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- The Soil God Wants, Third Wednesday (I), January 28, 2015
- Christ's Two-fold Mission of Obedience, Third Tuesday (I), January 27, 2015
- Stirring into a Flame the Gift of God We've Received, SS. Timothy and Titus, January 26, 2015
- The Four-fold Response to Christ's Kingdom, Third Sunday (B), January 25, 2015
- Happy Members of a Worldwide Insane Asylum, Second Saturday, January 24, 2015
- Waking Up the World! Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Transformation of Consecrated Life, December 13, 2014
- Living the Mystery of Pentecost in Mary's School, Immaculate Conception Novena, December 4, 2014
- Encountering Christ with the Help of Pope Francis, Retreat for Laywomen, Alhambra, CA, Nov 7-9, 2014
- Discerning God's Will, RC Spiritual Direction Certification Course, November 5, 2014
- St. Charles Borromeo and the Reform of the Church and Priesthood from Within, Retreat for Priests from the Diocese of Providence, November 4, 2014