I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- How to Love God More, 24th Thursday (II), September 18, 2014
- Striving Maturely for the Greatest Spiritual Gifts, 24th Wednesday (II), September 17, 2014
- Drawing Close with Jesus' Compassion to Raise People from the Dead, 24th Tuesday (II), September 16, 2014
- Sharing Mary's Grief Divine, Our Lady of Sorrows, September 15, 2014
- The Cross of Christ, our Only Hope, Exaltation of the Cross, September 14, 2014
- The Patron Saint of Multitaskers and Multiple Hat Wearers, The Anchor, September 19, 2014
- The Fully Catholic Response to Black Masses, Catholic Herald, September 12, 2014
- The Sad and Scandalous Controversy over Sheen's Beatification, The Anchor, September 12, 2014
- The Lamentable Decision to Suspend Sheen's Cause, The National Catholic Register, September 5, 2014
- Avoiding Making the Minimum our Maximum, The Anchor, September 5, 2014
- The Ten Challenges of Pope Francis for All Catholics, WQOM 1060 Club Address, September 13, 2014
- Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Transformation of the Church and of Religious Life, August 1-7, 2014
- Freedom to Serve, Fortnight for Freedom Holy Hour, June 26, 2014
- Preparing as Priests for the 750th Celebration of Corpus Christi, June 18, 2014
- Learning Sanctity in the City of Saints, June 6, 2014