I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- The Lord's Calling Us in Mercy to Embrace the Pearl of Great Price, Eighth Monday (I), May 25, 2015
- Come Holy Spirit!, Pentecost Sunday, May 24, 2015
- The Express Decenarium of the Holy Spirit, Pentecost Vigil, May 23, 2015
- Learning from Four Saints How to Live with Our End in Mind, Seventh Saturday of Easter, May 23, 2015
- Loving the Lord Agapically like Peter, Paul and Rita, Seventh Friday of Easter, May 22, 2015
- Loving Communion like the Trinity, Seventh Thursday of Easter, May 21, 2015
- Jesus' Continual Prayer for Our Consecration in the Truth, Seventh Wednesday of Easter, May 20, 2015
- Jesus' and Paul's Farewells, Seventh Tuesday of Easter, May 19, 2015
- Taking Courage by the Holy Spirit in Jesus' Conquering the World, Seventh Monday of Easter, May 18, 2015
- Entering into Christ's Pangs of Childbirth, Sixth Friday of Easter, May 15, 2015
- Being Guided by the Spirit, The Anchor, May 22, 2015
- The Memorare, The Anchor, May 15, 2015
- Learning from Mary in the Rosary How to Know, Love and Imitate Christ, The Anchor, May 8, 2015
- Uniting our Work to God, The Anchor, May 1, 2015
- The Difference God Made through Francis Cardinal George, The Anchor, April 24, 2015
- Regina Caeli, The Anchor, April 17, 2015
- Praying The Angelus, The Anchor, April 10, 2015
- The Practice of Penance and Reparation, The Anchor, April 3, 2015
- Faithfully Living Holy Week, The Anchor, March 27, 2015
- The Fruits of Frequent Confession, The Anchor, March 20, 2015
- The Joy of Following Jesus, Day of Recollection for Consecrated Women, May 2, 2015
- How the Consecrated Life Lived In Community Affects the Institutes and the Larger Church, April 25, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Renewal of the Priesthood, April 20, 2015
- (2015) Liturgical, Ecclesial, Integral, Kerygmatic and Effective Priestly Preaching, 11th Arnold Hall Seminar for Priests, April 7-9, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church and the Diaconate, March 20-22, 2015
- Profiting Abundantly from the Year for Consecrated Life, Day of Recollection, March 14, 2015
- The Graces All Catholics Should Receive from the Year for Consecrated Life, Retreat for Lay People, March 6-8, 2015
- Day of Recollection for Men, St. Francis Xavier Parish in Acushnet, MA, February 28, 2015
- Waking Up the World and the Church in this Year for Consecrated Life, February 9, 2015
- Waking Up the World! Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Transformation of Consecrated Life, December 13, 2014