Fr. Roger J. Landry
Notre Dame Church
Parish Mission for Corpus Christi Parish, Waterville, Maine
“Pope Francis and the Reform of the Church through Faith and the New Evangelization”
October 8-10, 2013
To listen to this second conference of the mission on Faith in the True Reform of the Church, please click here:
The following points were attempted in this conference:
- What the Year of Faith is and is meant to accomplish
- How much the Lord cares about our level of faith and wants to help our faith increase
- The hunger to grow in faith
- The danger of lukewarmness
- Faith as a personal, total adherence of the human person to God and faith as a belief in what God has said and done as a result of that trust in God.
- Growth in faith understood as personal trust, with Abraham, Peter and Mary as models
- Growth in faith understood as an increase in our knowledge of the content of the faith. Biblical and doctrinal illiteracy.
- Eight descriptions of faith in Pope Francis’ first encyclical, Lumen Fidei: faith as a personal entrustment to God, a light with which to look at the world, a way to hear God, a way to touch God and be touched by him, a form of living memory, a type of journey, a form of building, and a type of spiritual maternity. How we’re called to grow in these ways of living our faith.