I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Mercy and the Means to Perfection, 8th Monday (I), February 27, 2017
- Seeking Christ's Kingdom and Holiness Above All, 8th Sunday (A), February 26, 2017
- Coming to Jesus with the Confidence of a Child, 7th Saturday (I), February 25, 2017
- The Priceless Treasure of Christian Friendship, 7th Friday (I), February 24, 2017
- The Means to Persevere like St. Polycarp To the End, 7th Thursday (I), February 23, 2017
- The Petrine Teaching Authority, Chair of St. Peter, February 22, 2017
- Entering the Crucible with Trust, 7th Tuesday (I), February 21, 2017
- Living Faithfully by the Wisdom that Comes from God, 7th Monday (I), February 20, 2017
- Pleasing God through Faith, 6th Saturday (I), February 18, 2017
- Making a Name for Ourselves or for God?, 6th Friday (I), February 17, 2017
- The Importance of the Fatima Centenary, The Anchor, February 24, 2017
- Patriot Virtues, The Anchor, February 10, 2017
- The Beauty of a Soul Opened Up by Grace, The Anchor, January 27, 2017
- The Captivating Sanctity of Fr. Sal, The Anchor, January 13, 2017
- From Silent Night to Silence, The Anchor, December 23, 2016
- The First American Priest Martyr, The Anchor, December 9, 2016
- Truly Right and Just Thanksgiving, The Anchor, November 25, 2016
- Closing the Jubilee Door of Mercy and Becoming Living Portals, The Anchor, November 13, 2016
- The Holy Weapons in the Revolution of Mercy, The Anchor, October 28, 2016
- Sharing the Riches We've Been Forgiven, The Anchor, October 14, 2016
- The Virgin Shall Conceive and Bear a Son and Name Him, Advent Meditation, December 20, 2016
- Imitating the Lessons of St. Joseph's Advent, Advent Meditation, December 13, 2016
- Following the Lead of the Prophet Isaiah and St. John the Baptist, Advent Meditation, December 6, 2016
- Lowell High School Distinguished Alumnus Acceptance Speech, November 2, 2016
- Charity in Truth: The Church’s Pastoral Approach to those with Same-Sex Attractions, October 28, 2016
- How Christ Brings Hope through the Sisters of Life Led by Mother Agnes, Relevant Radio Gala, October 5, 2016
- Asking For a Double-Portion of Mother Teresa's Spirit, P3 Night of Recollection Meditation, September 1, 2016
- Responding to the Lord's Call to Pray with Him, Catholic Medical Association Bootcamp, June 21, 2016
- The Social Teaching of St. John Paul II, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- The Entrepreneurial Vocation, Acton University, June 16, 2016