I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- In the Shepherd's Hand Forever, Fourth Tuesday of Easter, April 28, 2015
- How the Good Shepherd Shepherds Us, Fourth Monday of Easter, April 27, 2015
- Loving Others as the Good Shepherd has Loved Us, Fourth Sunday of Easter (B), April 26, 2015
- Evangelization’s Accompanying Signs, Feast of St. Mark, April 25, 2015
- Union with the Risen Jesus through Food and Filiation, Third Friday of Easter, April 24, 2015
- The Docility to Listen to and Learn from God, Third Thursday of Easter, April 23, 2015
- Our Eucharistic Exodus leading to Proclamation even in Persecution, Third Wednesday of Easter, April 22, 2015
- Our Response to Jesus' Giving Himself to Us Always, Third Tuesday of Easter, April 21, 2015
- Striving Like St. Stephen for the Food that Endures to Eternal Life, Third Monday of Easter, April 20, 2015
- Jesus Urgent Preparation of Us for Mission, Third Sunday of Easter, April 19, 2015
- Uniting our Work to God, The Anchor, May 1, 2015
- The Difference God Made through Francis Cardinal George, The Anchor, April 24, 2015
- Regina Caeli, The Anchor, April 17, 2015
- Praying The Angelus, The Anchor, April 10, 2015
- The Practice of Penance and Reparation, The Anchor, April 3, 2015
- Faithfully Living Holy Week, The Anchor, March 27, 2015
- The Fruits of Frequent Confession, The Anchor, March 20, 2015
- Frequent Confession, The Anchor, March 13, 2015
- Almsgiving, The Anchor, March 6, 2015
- Bold Christian Fasting, The Anchor, February 27, 2015
- How the Consecrated Life Lived In Community Affects the Institutes and the Larger Church, April 25, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Renewal of the Priesthood, April 20, 2015
- (2015) Liturgical, Ecclesial, Integral, Kerygmatic and Effective Priestly Preaching, 11th Arnold Hall Seminar for Priests, April 7-9, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church and the Diaconate, March 20-22, 2015
- Profiting Abundantly from the Year for Consecrated Life, Day of Recollection, March 14, 2015
- The Graces All Catholics Should Receive from the Year for Consecrated Life, Retreat for Lay People, March 6-8, 2015
- Day of Recollection for Men, St. Francis Xavier Parish in Acushnet, MA, February 28, 2015
- Waking Up the World and the Church in this Year for Consecrated Life, February 9, 2015
- Waking Up the World! Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Transformation of Consecrated Life, December 13, 2014
- Living the Mystery of Pentecost in Mary's School, Immaculate Conception Novena, December 4, 2014