I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Reparation for Saint Martha, 17th Friday (II), July 29, 2016
- Becoming Beautiful Fish Fit for the Kingdom, 17th Thursday (II), July 28, 2016
- Longing for, Looking for, and Seizing the Treasure, 17th Wednesday (II), July 27, 2016
- What We Can All Learn from the Grandparents of God, Memorial of SS. Joachim & Anne, July 26, 2016
- Following the Way of St. James, Feast of St. James the Greater, July 25, 2016
- The Essential Secret to a Vital Christian Life, 17th Sunday (C), July 24, 2016
- Admiring and Emulating the Apostolorum Apostola, Feast of St. Mary Magdalene, July 22, 2016
- The Lean Hearts Needed to Understand Jesus' Parables, 16th Thursday (II), July 21, 2016
- God's Uprooting and Planting In Us and Through Us, 16th Wednesday (II), July 20, 2016
- The Four-Fold Path to Living our Divine Filiation, 16th Tuesday (II), July 19, 2016
- A New Feast of Mercy, The Anchor, July 22, 2016
- The Merciful Mean between Merciless Extremes, The Anchor, July 8, 2016
- Courageous and Truthful Enough to be Merciful?, The Anchor, June 24, 2016
- Pope Francis at his Best, The Anchor, June 10, 2016
- The Mercy That Prepares Us for the Mercy of the Eucharist, The Anchor, May 27, 2016
- The Fire of God's Mercy, The Anchor, May 13, 2016
- Mother of Mercy, The Anchor, April 29, 2016
- Beholding God's Mercy, The Anchor, April 15, 2016
- Entering through the Divine Floodgates of Mercy, The Anchor, April 1, 2016
- Mercy Week, The Anchor, March 18, 2016
- Responding to the Lord's Call to Pray with Him, Catholic Medical Association Bootcamp, June 21, 2016
- The Social Teaching of St. John Paul II, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- The Entrepreneurial Vocation, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- Understanding and Living the Sacramentality of Marriage, May 7, 2016
- Resting and Remaining in God's Mercy, Frassati Fellowship of NY Young Adult Retreat, April 23, 2016
- Receiving, Rejoicing In, Living and Sharing God's Mercy in the Jubilee of Mercy and Beyond, Center Moriches NY, April 16, 2016
- Entering into and Extending Jesus’ Five-Fold Mercy in the Year of Mercy and Beyond, Holy Trinity Apostolate 19th Annual Lenten Symposium, Detroit, March 12, 2016
- How Laudato Si' is Shaping Environmental Conversations, WYA International Solidarity Forum, March 8, 2016
- Growth Toward Full Stature with God's Mercy This Lent, Lenten Night of Recollection, March 1, 2016
- Catholic Educators in the Church’s School of Mercy, Irondale, AL, February 15, 2016