I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Fixing Our Face on Welcoming Jesus However He Comes, 26th Tuesday (II), September 27, 2016
- Five Aspects of the Christian Ambition for Greatness, 26th Monday (II), September 26, 2016
- Paying Attention to What We Hear the Lord Speaking about Mercy, 25th Saturday (II), September 24, 2016
- Living in the Kairos of Christ, 25th Friday (II), September 25, 2016
- The Revolution from Vanity of Vanities to Eternal Meaning, 25th Thursday (II), September 22, 2016
- Living in a Manner Worthy of Christ's Calling us as Sinners, Feast of St. Matthew, September 21, 2016
- The Obedient and Receptive Listening that Strengthens Divine Filiation and Christian Fraternity, 24th Tuesday (II), September 20, 2016
- Taking Care How We Hear, 25th Monday (II), September 19, 2016
- Learning Good Stewardship from a Dishonest Steward, 25th Sunday (C), September 18, 2016
- Receiving, and Becoming, the Seed of Christ, 24th Saturday (II), September 17, 2016
- Making Divine Mercy our Mission in Life, The Anchor, September 30, 2016
- Being Led through the Door of Mercy, The Anchor, September 16, 2016
- The Wrinkled Face of the Good Samaritan, The Anchor, September 2, 2016
- The Mystagogy of Mercy in the Mass, Anchor, August 19, 2016
- The Pilgrimage of Mercy, The Anchor, August 5, 2016
- A New Feast of Mercy, The Anchor, July 22, 2016
- The Merciful Mean between Merciless Extremes, The Anchor, July 8, 2016
- Courageous and Truthful Enough to be Merciful?, The Anchor, June 24, 2016
- Pope Francis at his Best, The Anchor, June 10, 2016
- The Mercy That Prepares Us for the Mercy of the Eucharist, The Anchor, May 27, 2016
- Asking For a Double-Portion of Mother Teresa's Spirit, P3 Night of Recollection Meditation, September 1, 2016
- Responding to the Lord's Call to Pray with Him, Catholic Medical Association Bootcamp, June 21, 2016
- The Social Teaching of St. John Paul II, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- The Entrepreneurial Vocation, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- Understanding and Living the Sacramentality of Marriage, May 7, 2016
- Resting and Remaining in God's Mercy, Frassati Fellowship of NY Young Adult Retreat, April 23, 2016
- Receiving, Rejoicing In, Living and Sharing God's Mercy in the Jubilee of Mercy and Beyond, Center Moriches NY, April 16, 2016
- Entering into and Extending Jesus’ Five-Fold Mercy in the Year of Mercy and Beyond, Holy Trinity Apostolate 19th Annual Lenten Symposium, Detroit, March 12, 2016
- How Laudato Si' is Shaping Environmental Conversations, WYA International Solidarity Forum, March 8, 2016
- Growth Toward Full Stature with God's Mercy This Lent, Lenten Night of Recollection, March 1, 2016