I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Becoming Conformed to Christ, the Icon of God, 22nd Friday (I), September 4, 2015
- Being Transferred from the Power of Darkness into the Kingdom of Light, 22nd Thursday (I), September 3, 2015
- Jesus' Indefatigable Mission, Paul's, and Ours, 22nd Wednesday (I), September 2, 2015
- The Authority and Power of Jesus' Creative Word, 22nd Tuesday (I), September 1, 2015
- Choosing Today to Commit Ourselves to Jesus in the Eucharist, 21st Sunday (B), August 23, 2015
- The First and Most Important Things We Need to Do, 20th Friday (I), August 21, 2015
- Coming and Inviting Others Well-Dressed to the Sumptuous Divine Banquet, 20th Thursday (I), August 20, 2015
- Trusting in the Lord's Ruling Over Us, 20th Wednesday (I), August 19, 2015
- Trusting that Nothing is Impossible for God, 20th Tuesday (I), August 18, 2015
- Spiritual Growth and Perfection through Subtraction instead of Accumulation, 20th Monday (I), August 17, 2015
- Some Background on Absolving Those Who Have Had Abortions, September 1, 2015
- Putting the Plan of Life into Action, The Anchor, September 4, 2015
- Christian Cheerfulness and Joy, The Anchor, August 28, 2015
- Aspirations, The Anchor, August 21, 2015
- The Acts of the Heart That Lead to Holiness, The Anchor, August 14, 2015
- Keeping Order So That Order May Keep Us, The Anchor, August 7, 2015
- Learning to Work with Jesus as Part of the Plan of Life and His Plan of Salvation, The Anchor, July 17, 2015
- Sacred, Professional and Apostolic Study, The Anchor, July 10, 2015
- Our Weekly Spiritual Mother's Day, The Anchor, July 3, 2015
- Spiritual Reading, The Anchor, June 26, 2015
- World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation, P3 Night of Recollection, September 1, 2015
- The Curé of Ars and Living a Truly Eucharistic Life, August 4, 2015
- The Christian Response to the Obergefell Decision, July 8, 2015
- Evangelii Gaudium: Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Metamorphosis of the Church, Portsmouth Institute, June 20, 2015
- The Gift of Hunger, Invocation before Meals, Acton University, June 17, 2015
- Pope Francis, the Gospel and Catholic Social Teaching, Acton University, June 17, 2015
- Something Beautiful is Beginning under the Continued Protection of the Mother of the Church, Mater Ecclesiae College Commencement Address, May 30, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church and the Priesthood, Retreat for Priests of the Diocese of Lincoln, May 25-28, 2015
- The Joy of Following Jesus, Day of Recollection for Consecrated Women, May 2, 2015
- How the Consecrated Life Lived In Community Affects the Institutes and the Larger Church, April 25, 2015