I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Praying with Faith in God, Eighth Friday (II), May 27, 2016
- Taking, and Leading Others Along, the Path of Darkness into Light, Eighth Thursday (II), May 26, 2016
- Drinking Jesus' Chalice of Sincere and Intense Brotherly Love from a Pure Heart, Eighth Wednesday (II), May 25, 2016
- Giving Up Everything and Gaining Even More, Eighth Tuesday (II), May 24, 2016
- Choosing the Path to Perfection and an Imperishable Inheritance, Eighth Monday (II), May 23, 2016
- Seven Gifts of the Spirit to Help Us to Enter God's Kingdom, Seventh Saturday (II), May 21, 2016
- God's Mercy in Joining Man and Woman in an Inseparable Bond of Marriage, Seventh Friday (II), May 20, 2016
- Fattening Our Hearts or Salting Them with Fire, Seventh Thursday (II), May 19, 2016
- Living As the Lord Wills, Seventh Wednesday (II), May 18, 2016
- Jesus' Path To Become First and the Greatest, Seventh Tuesday (II), May 17, 2016
- The Mercy That Prepares Us for the Mercy of the Eucharist, The Anchor, May 27, 2016
- The Fire of God's Mercy, The Anchor, May 13, 2016
- Mother of Mercy, The Anchor, April 29, 2016
- Beholding God's Mercy, The Anchor, April 15, 2016
- Entering through the Divine Floodgates of Mercy, The Anchor, April 1, 2016
- Mercy Week, The Anchor, March 18, 2016
- Opening Up a 24-Hour Worldwide Confessional, The Anchor, March 4, 2016
- Preachers, Channels and Living Signs of Mercy, The Anchor, February 19, 2016
- A Conversation with Pope Francis about God's Mercy, The Anchor, February 5, 2016
- Receiving and Extending Jesus' Five-Fold Mercy, The Anchor, January 22, 2016
- Understanding and Living the Sacramentality of Marriage, May 7, 2016
- Resting and Remaining in God's Mercy, Frassati Fellowship of NY Young Adult Retreat, April 23, 2016
- Receiving, Rejoicing In, Living and Sharing God's Mercy in the Jubilee of Mercy and Beyond, Center Moriches NY, April 16, 2016
- Entering into and Extending Jesus’ Five-Fold Mercy in the Year of Mercy and Beyond, Holy Trinity Apostolate 19th Annual Lenten Symposium, Detroit, March 12, 2016
- How Laudato Si' is Shaping Environmental Conversations, WYA International Solidarity Forum, March 8, 2016
- Growth Toward Full Stature with God's Mercy This Lent, Lenten Night of Recollection, March 1, 2016
- Catholic Educators in the Church’s School of Mercy, Irondale, AL, February 15, 2016
- Entering into Jesus' Five Fold Mercy in the Year of Mercy, Casa Maria Retreat House, Irondale, February 12-14, 2016
- The Role of Faith and Faith-Based Groups in Promoting and Building Peace, United Nations, February 4, 2016
- Interfaith Harmony and Development, UN Headquarters, February 3, 2016