I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- The Rebirth from Above that Leads to Christian Boldness, 2nd Monday of Easter, April 24, 2017
- Jesus' Loving Easter Rebuke to Lift Us Up, Easter Saturday, April 22, 2017
- The Risen Ichthus Strengthening the Fishers of Men, Easter Friday, April 21, 2017
- Jesus' Post-Resurrection Opening of our Hearts, Minds and Mouths, Easter Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Resurrection Faith, Joy and Sharing, Easter Monday, April 17, 2017
- The Tragedy of Judas' Life and the Meaning of our Own, Wednesday of Holy Week, April 12, 2017
- Meriting to Receive and Enter into the Lord's Glory, Tuesday of Holy Week, April 11, 2017
- Christ's Anointed Outpouring and Our Response, Monday of Holy Week, April 10, 2017
- The Lord's Paschal Gathering, 5th Saturday of Lent, April 8, 2017
- Entering into the Third Phase of Lent, Fifth Friday of Lent, April 7, 2017
- Models in Responding to the Message of Fatima, The Anchor, April 21, 2017
- Fatima and the Antidote for Hell, The Anchor, April 7, 2017
- Fatima, the Rosary, and the Path to Peace, The Anchor, March 24, 2017
- Our Lady of Fatima's Call to Lenten Conversion, The Anchor, March 10, 2017
- The Importance of the Fatima Centenary, The Anchor, February 24, 2017
- Patriot Virtues, The Anchor, February 10, 2017
- The Beauty of a Soul Opened Up by Grace, The Anchor, January 27, 2017
- The Captivating Sanctity of Fr. Sal, The Anchor, January 13, 2017
- From Silent Night to Silence, The Anchor, December 23, 2016
- The First American Priest Martyr, The Anchor, December 9, 2016
- Saint John Paul II and the Gospel of Work, St. Patrick's Cathedral, April 23, 2017
- Busy Persons' Lenten Retreat, A Retreat for Young Adults, March 30-April 1, 2017
- Be Not Afraid: Living the Faith with Parrhesia, Retreat for Laypeople, March 24-26, 2017
- Lenten Day of Recollection for Co-Workers of the Missionaries of Charity, March 11, 2017
- Renewing and Strengthening the Resolve, A Retreat for Bishops, March 6-10, 2017
- The Virgin Shall Conceive and Bear a Son and Name Him, Advent Meditation, December 20, 2016
- Imitating the Lessons of St. Joseph's Advent, Advent Meditation, December 13, 2016
- Following the Lead of the Prophet Isaiah and St. John the Baptist, Advent Meditation, December 6, 2016
- Lowell High School Distinguished Alumnus Acceptance Speech, November 2, 2016
- Charity in Truth: The Church’s Pastoral Approach to those with Same-Sex Attractions, October 28, 2016