I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Bold Filial Prayer, First Thursday of Lent, February 26, 2015
- Responding to Christ's Urgent Call to Conversion, First Wednesday of Lent, February 25, 2015
- Union with the Father through Prayer, First Tuesday of Lent, February 24, 2015
- Becoming Holy Like God Through the Perfection of Love for God and the Needy, First Monday of Lent, February 23, 2015
- Turning Our Life Around in the Lenten Desert, First Sunday of Lent (B), February 22, 2015
- Fasting in order to Join Jesus Joyfully on the Pilgrimage of the Wedding Procession, Friday after Ash Wednesday, February 20, 2015
- Choosing to Love and Follow the Lord on the Pilgrimage of Life, Thursday after Ash Wednesday, February 19, 2015
- A Marian Lent, Ash Wednesday, February 18, 2015
- The Faith to Build and Enter the Ark with St. John Paul II, Sixth Tuesday (I), February 17, 2015
- Mastering the Demon Lurking at the Door, Sixth Monday (I), February 16, 2015
- Bold Christian Fasting, The Anchor, February 27, 2015
- Spiritual Communions, The Anchor, February 20, 2015
- Going Daily to the Source and Summit of Christian Life, The Anchor, February 13, 2015
- Daily Mental Prayer, The Anchor, February 6, 2015
- Waking Up the World Through the Year for Consecrated Life, National Catholic Register, February 2, 2015
- The General Examination, The Anchor, January 30, 2015
- The Morning Offering, The Anchor, January 23, 2015
- The Heroic Moment, The Anchor, January 16, 2015
- The Plan of Life, The Anchor, January 9, 2015
- The Renewal of Women Religious in the United States, The Anchor, December 26, 2014
- Waking Up the World and the Church in this Year for Consecrated Life, February 9, 2015
- Waking Up the World! Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Transformation of Consecrated Life, December 13, 2014
- Living the Mystery of Pentecost in Mary's School, Immaculate Conception Novena, December 4, 2014
- Encountering Christ with the Help of Pope Francis, Retreat for Laywomen, Alhambra, CA, Nov 7-9, 2014
- Discerning God's Will, RC Spiritual Direction Certification Course, November 5, 2014
- St. Charles Borromeo and the Reform of the Church and Priesthood from Within, Retreat for Priests from the Diocese of Providence, November 4, 2014
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church, the Priesthood and Parishes, Retreat Day for the Young Clergy of the Diocese of Providence, November 3-4, 2014
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church and the Priesthood, Lake Charles Priests' Retreat, Oct 27-31, 2014
- Extraordinary Synod of Bishops on the Pastoral Challenges to the Family, Baton Rouge Legatus Chapter, October 23, 2014
- St. John Paul II, Pope Francis and the Kairos of Mercy, New Orleans North Shore Legatus Chapter, October 22, 2014