I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Becoming Out of our Mind like Jesus and the Saints, 2nd Saturday (I), January 21, 2017
- Knowing the Lord through the New Covenant, 2nd Friday (I), January 20, 2017
- Jesus' Forever Making Intercession for Us, 2nd Thursday (I), January 19, 2017
- Jesus' Eternal Priesthood and Its Intended Impact on Us, 2nd Wednesday (I), January 18, 2017
- Jesus Our Anchor, 2nd Tuesday (I), January 17, 2017
- With New Wineskins Letting Christ Lead Us to Perfection through Suffering, 2nd Monday (I), January 16, 2017
- Relating to Jesus as the Lamb of God, 2nd Sunday (A), January 15, 2017
- The Surgical Blade of the Divine Physician, 1st Saturday (I), January 14, 2017
- Profiting from God's Word and Striving to Enter into God's Rest, 1st Friday (II), January 13, 2017
- Jesus' Will to Heal Us of Partially Leprotic Hearts, 1st Thursday (I), January 12, 2017
- The Captivating Sanctity of Fr. Sal, The Anchor, January 13, 2017
- From Silent Night to Silence, The Anchor, December 23, 2016
- The First American Priest Martyr, The Anchor, December 9, 2016
- Truly Right and Just Thanksgiving, The Anchor, November 25, 2016
- Closing the Jubilee Door of Mercy and Becoming Living Portals, The Anchor, November 13, 2016
- The Holy Weapons in the Revolution of Mercy, The Anchor, October 28, 2016
- Sharing the Riches We've Been Forgiven, The Anchor, October 14, 2016
- Making Divine Mercy our Mission in Life, The Anchor, September 30, 2016
- Being Led through the Door of Mercy, The Anchor, September 16, 2016
- The Wrinkled Face of the Good Samaritan, The Anchor, September 2, 2016
- The Virgin Shall Conceive and Bear a Son and Name Him, Advent Meditation, December 20, 2016
- Imitating the Lessons of St. Joseph's Advent, Advent Meditation, December 13, 2016
- Following the Lead of the Prophet Isaiah and St. John the Baptist, Advent Meditation, December 6, 2016
- Lowell High School Distinguished Alumnus Acceptance Speech, November 2, 2016
- Charity in Truth: The Church’s Pastoral Approach to those with Same-Sex Attractions, October 28, 2016
- How Christ Brings Hope through the Sisters of Life Led by Mother Agnes, Relevant Radio Gala, October 5, 2016
- Asking For a Double-Portion of Mother Teresa's Spirit, P3 Night of Recollection Meditation, September 1, 2016
- Responding to the Lord's Call to Pray with Him, Catholic Medical Association Bootcamp, June 21, 2016
- The Social Teaching of St. John Paul II, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- The Entrepreneurial Vocation, Acton University, June 16, 2016