I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Confronting Judas' and Our Betrayals, Wednesday of Holy Week, April 1, 2015
- God's Glory, Man's Betrayal, and the Path Back from Betrayal to Glory, Tuesday of Holy Week, March 31, 2015
- God's and Our Anointing of Christ, Monday of Holy Week, March 30, 2015
- Participants, Not Spectators, in the Holiest Events in History, Palm Sunday (B), March 29, 2015
- The Good Shepherd's Gathering of God's Dispersed Children, Fifth Saturday of Lent, March 28, 2015
- Imitating Jesus in Doing the Works of Children of God, Fifth Friday of Lent, March 27, 2015
- The Lenten Imitation of Abraham's Faith, Fifth Thursday of Lent, March 26, 2015
- Consecrated through the Father's Will and Christ's Bodily Offering, Solemnity of the Annunciation, March 25, 2015
- Looking at Jesus on the Cross Like the Bronze Serpent on the Pole, Fifth Tuesday of Lent, March 24, 2015
- God's Rescuing Us from Our Sins and Others', Fifth Monday of Lent, March 23, 2015
- The Practice of Penance and Reparation, The Anchor, April 3, 2015
- Faithfully Living Holy Week, The Anchor, March 27, 2015
- The Fruits of Frequent Confession, The Anchor, March 20, 2015
- Frequent Confession, The Anchor, March 13, 2015
- Almsgiving, The Anchor, March 6, 2015
- Bold Christian Fasting, The Anchor, February 27, 2015
- Spiritual Communions, The Anchor, February 20, 2015
- Going Daily to the Source and Summit of Christian Life, The Anchor, February 13, 2015
- Daily Mental Prayer, The Anchor, February 6, 2015
- Waking Up the World Through the Year for Consecrated Life, National Catholic Register, February 2, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church and the Diaconate, March 20-22, 2015
- Profiting Abundantly from the Year for Consecrated Life, Day of Recollection, March 14, 2015
- The Graces All Catholics Should Receive from the Year for Consecrated Life, Retreat for Lay People, March 6-8, 2015
- Day of Recollection for Men, St. Francis Xavier Parish in Acushnet, MA, February 28, 2015
- Waking Up the World and the Church in this Year for Consecrated Life, February 9, 2015
- Waking Up the World! Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Transformation of Consecrated Life, December 13, 2014
- Living the Mystery of Pentecost in Mary's School, Immaculate Conception Novena, December 4, 2014
- Encountering Christ with the Help of Pope Francis, Retreat for Laywomen, Alhambra, CA, Nov 7-9, 2014
- Discerning God's Will, RC Spiritual Direction Certification Course, November 5, 2014
- St. Charles Borromeo and the Reform of the Church and Priesthood from Within, Retreat for Priests from the Diocese of Providence, November 4, 2014