I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- The Momentary Pain on the Way to Irremovable Joy, Sixth Friday of Easter, May 6, 2016
- The Three-Fold Mercy of Christ's Ascension, May 5, 2016
- Cooperation with the Holy Spirit in Being Guided More Deeply into the Truth, Sixth Wednesday of Easter, May 4, 2016
- Sent Out In Tandem To Proclaim the Gospel, SS. Philip and James, May 3, 2016
- The Open, Attentive, Courageous Heart the Holy Spirit Provides, Sixth Monday of Easter, May 2, 2016
- The Path of Mercy Leading to the Love and Peace of the Risen Lord, Sixth Sunday (C), May 1, 2016
- Docility to the Obstacles of the Holy Spirit, Fifth Saturday of Easter, April 30, 2016
- Growing In Union with God through Loving Others As He Has Loved Us, Fifth Friday of Easter, April 29, 2016
- Christian Joy even in the Midst of Infertility and Child Loss, Feast of St. Gianna Molla, April 28, 2016
- Remaining in the Lord's Love, Fifth Thursday of Easter, April 28, 2016
- Mother of Mercy, The Anchor, April 29, 2016
- Beholding God's Mercy, The Anchor, April 15, 2016
- Entering through the Divine Floodgates of Mercy, The Anchor, April 1, 2016
- Mercy Week, The Anchor, March 18, 2016
- Opening Up a 24-Hour Worldwide Confessional, The Anchor, March 4, 2016
- Preachers, Channels and Living Signs of Mercy, The Anchor, February 19, 2016
- A Conversation with Pope Francis about God's Mercy, The Anchor, February 5, 2016
- Receiving and Extending Jesus' Five-Fold Mercy, The Anchor, January 22, 2016
- What the Year of Mercy is Not, The Anchor, January 8, 2016
- God and Sinners Reconciled, The Anchor, December 24, 2015
- Resting and Remaining in God's Mercy, Frassati Fellowship of NY Young Adult Retreat, April 23, 2016
- Receiving, Rejoicing In, Living and Sharing God's Mercy in the Jubilee of Mercy and Beyond, Center Moriches NY, April 16, 2016
- Entering into and Extending Jesus’ Five-Fold Mercy in the Year of Mercy and Beyond, Holy Trinity Apostolate 19th Annual Lenten Symposium, Detroit, March 12, 2016
- How Laudato Si' is Shaping Environmental Conversations, WYA International Solidarity Forum, March 8, 2016
- Growth Toward Full Stature with God's Mercy This Lent, Lenten Night of Recollection, March 1, 2016
- Catholic Educators in the Church’s School of Mercy, Irondale, AL, February 15, 2016
- Entering into Jesus' Five Fold Mercy in the Year of Mercy, Casa Maria Retreat House, Irondale, February 12-14, 2016
- The Role of Faith and Faith-Based Groups in Promoting and Building Peace, United Nations, February 4, 2016
- Interfaith Harmony and Development, UN Headquarters, February 3, 2016
- Catholic Men: Receiving and Paying Forward Jesus' Five-Fold Mercy, January 30, 2016