I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- The Third Movement of Advent, 1st Saturday of Advent, December 3, 2016
- Going out to Meet our Light and Salvation, 1st Friday of Advent, December 2, 2016
- Our Advent Building Project, 1st Thursday of Advent, December 1, 2016
- Learning from Andrew How to Live Advent, Feast of St. Andrew, November 30, 2016
- Embracing Like a Child what God has Revealed, 1st Tuesday of Advent, November 29, 2016
- Our Advent Virtues, 1st Monday of Advent, November 28, 2016
- Strengthening Us in Faith and Constancy, 34th Friday (II), November 25, 2016
- Singing the Song of Moses and the Lamb, 34th Wednesday (II), November 23, 2016
- Attached to the Vine Ahead of the Wine Press, 34th Tuesday (II), November 22, 2016
- Following the Lamb, like our Lady, Wherever He Goes, 34th Monday (II), November 21, 2016
- Truly Right and Just Thanksgiving, The Anchor, November 25, 2016
- Closing the Jubilee Door of Mercy and Becoming Living Portals, The Anchor, November 13, 2016
- The Holy Weapons in the Revolution of Mercy, The Anchor, October 28, 2016
- Sharing the Riches We've Been Forgiven, The Anchor, October 14, 2016
- Making Divine Mercy our Mission in Life, The Anchor, September 30, 2016
- Being Led through the Door of Mercy, The Anchor, September 16, 2016
- The Wrinkled Face of the Good Samaritan, The Anchor, September 2, 2016
- The Mystagogy of Mercy in the Mass, Anchor, August 19, 2016
- The Pilgrimage of Mercy, The Anchor, August 5, 2016
- A New Feast of Mercy, The Anchor, July 22, 2016
- Lowell High School Distinguished Alumnus Acceptance Speech, November 2, 2016
- Charity in Truth: The Church’s Pastoral Approach to those with Same-Sex Attractions, October 28, 2016
- How Christ Brings Hope through the Sisters of Life Led by Mother Agnes, Relevant Radio Gala, October 5, 2016
- Asking For a Double-Portion of Mother Teresa's Spirit, P3 Night of Recollection Meditation, September 1, 2016
- Responding to the Lord's Call to Pray with Him, Catholic Medical Association Bootcamp, June 21, 2016
- The Social Teaching of St. John Paul II, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- The Entrepreneurial Vocation, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- Understanding and Living the Sacramentality of Marriage, May 7, 2016
- Resting and Remaining in God's Mercy, Frassati Fellowship of NY Young Adult Retreat, April 23, 2016
- Receiving, Rejoicing In, Living and Sharing God's Mercy in the Jubilee of Mercy and Beyond, Center Moriches NY, April 16, 2016