I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Holding Fast to the Weightier Things of the Law, 21st Tuesday (II), August 26, 2014
- Becoming Worthy of our Christian Calling, 21st Monday (II), August 25, 2014
- The Astonishing Manifestation of God's Rich Wisdom in the Papacy, 21st Sunday (A), August 24, 2014
- Becoming Great in Faith, Twentieth Sunday (A), August 17, 2014
- The Way Jesus Wants to Bless Children, 19th Saturday (II), August 16, 2014
- Parishes, New Media and the New Evangelization, The Anchor, August 29, 2014
- Rebuffing Once More the Prowling Lion, The Anchor, August 22, 2014
- Mobilizing Against Black Masses, National Catholic Register, August 18, 2014
- The Spirituality of Pew Seating, The Anchor, August 15, 2014
- Coming Alive in Faith, The Anchor, August 8, 2014
- Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Transformation of the Church and of Religious Life, August 1-7, 2014
- Freedom to Serve, Fortnight for Freedom Holy Hour, June 26, 2014
- Preparing as Priests for the 750th Celebration of Corpus Christi, June 18, 2014
- Learning Sanctity in the City of Saints, June 6, 2014
- Renewing and Living our Baptism, June 5, 2014