I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Being Seized and Seizing the Kingdom with Joy, 17th Thursday (I), July 30, 2015
- The Glow of St. Martha's Virtues, Feast of St. Martha, July 29, 2015
- Living the Parable of the Wheat among the Weeds, 17th Tuesday (I), July 28, 2015
- Responsible versus Scandalizing Leaven, 17th Monday (I), July 27, 2015
- Jesus' Triennial Five-Week Eucharistic Catechesis, 17th Sunday (B), July 26, 2015
- Drinking Jesus' Chalice, Feast of St. James, July 25, 2015
- The Power of the Seed of the Word When It Meets Good Soil, 16th Friday (I), July 24, 2015
- Responding with Fruitful Soil to Jesus' Implanting Himself and His Word, 16th Thursday (I), July 23, 2015
- Imitating St. Mary Magdalene in Loving, Following and Announcing Jesus, 16th Wednesday (I), July 22, 2015
- Becoming Jesus' Sibling and … Mother, 16th Tuesday (I), July 21, 2015
- Learning to Work with Jesus as Part of the Plan of Life and His Plan of Salvation, The Anchor, July 17, 2015
- Sacred, Professional and Apostolic Study, The Anchor, July 10, 2015
- Our Weekly Spiritual Mother's Day, The Anchor, July 3, 2015
- Spiritual Reading, The Anchor, June 26, 2015
- Living on God’s Every Word, The Anchor, June 19, 2015
- Going Away with the Lord to Pray Awhile, The Anchor, June 12, 2015
- Idol Crushing Eucharistic Adoration, The Anchor, June 5, 2015
- The Particular Exam, The Anchor, May 29, 2015
- Being Guided by the Spirit, The Anchor, May 22, 2015
- The Memorare, The Anchor, May 15, 2015
- The Christian Response to the Obergefell Decision, July 8, 2015
- Evangelii Gaudium: Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Metamorphosis of the Church, Portsmouth Institute, June 20, 2015
- The Gift of Hunger, Invocation before Meals, Acton University, June 17, 2015
- Pope Francis, the Gospel and Catholic Social Teaching, Acton University, June 17, 2015
- Something Beautiful is Beginning under the Continued Protection of the Mother of the Church, Mater Ecclesiae College Commencement Address, May 30, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church and the Priesthood, Retreat for Priests of the Diocese of Lincoln, May 25-28, 2015
- The Joy of Following Jesus, Day of Recollection for Consecrated Women, May 2, 2015
- How the Consecrated Life Lived In Community Affects the Institutes and the Larger Church, April 25, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Renewal of the Priesthood, April 20, 2015
- (2015) Liturgical, Ecclesial, Integral, Kerygmatic and Effective Priestly Preaching, 11th Arnold Hall Seminar for Priests, April 7-9, 2015