I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Unabashed to Believe, Live and Proclaim the Gospel, 28th Tuesday (I), October 13, 2015
- Appreciating and Responding to Christ's Greatness, 28th Monday (I), October 12, 2015
- Investing for an Eternal Treasure, 28th Sunday (B), October 11, 2015
- Making the Most of Our Opportunity, 20th Sunday after Pentecost (EF), October 11, 2015
- The Continual Conversion Asked of the Rich Young Man and of Us, 28th Sunday (B), October 10, 2015
- The Secret to Mary's Blessedness and Ours, 27th Saturday (I), October 10, 2015
- Gathering into Unity with the Stronger Man, 27th Friday (I), October 9, 2015
- Why God Wants Us to Persevere in Prayer, 27th Thursday (I), October 8, 2015
- Entering and Excelling in the School of Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary, 27th Wednesday (I), October 7, 2015
- Linking ourselves to Mary, and through Mary, to Jesus by the Holy Rosary, 27th Wednesday (I), October 7, 2015
- Bringing Out More Fully the Rosary's Christological Depth, The Anchor, October 16, 2015
- Some Thoughts on Francis and Kim, The Anchor, October 9, 2015
- Three Pages From My Papal Visit Notebook, The Anchor, October 2, 2015
- One Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church With and Under the Living Peter, The Anchor, September 25, 2015
- The Level At Which We Will Encounter the Pope, The Anchor, September 18, 2015
- Going to Encounter Our ‘Little Saint’ of Chastity and Mercy, The Anchor, September 11, 2015
- Putting the Plan of Life into Action, The Anchor, September 4, 2015
- Some Background on Absolving Those Who Have Had Abortions, September 1, 2015
- Christian Cheerfulness and Joy, The Anchor, August 28, 2015
- Aspirations, The Anchor, August 21, 2015
- Rediscovering Virtue, Catholic Medical Association Annual Education Conference, October 3, 2015
- Preparing for Pope Francis' Visit, Parish Retreat Day, September 12, 2015
- World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation, P3 Night of Recollection, September 1, 2015
- The Curé of Ars and Living a Truly Eucharistic Life, August 4, 2015
- The Christian Response to the Obergefell Decision, July 8, 2015
- Evangelii Gaudium: Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Metamorphosis of the Church, Portsmouth Institute, June 20, 2015
- The Gift of Hunger, Invocation before Meals, Acton University, June 17, 2015
- Pope Francis, the Gospel and Catholic Social Teaching, Acton University, June 17, 2015
- Something Beautiful is Beginning under the Continued Protection of the Mother of the Church, Mater Ecclesiae College Commencement Address, May 30, 2015
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church and the Priesthood, Retreat for Priests of the Diocese of Lincoln, May 25-28, 2015