I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Clothed in God Who Dresses and Trains Us for Battle, 30th Thursday (II), October 27, 2016
- Striving to Enter the Narrow Gate of Knowing Christ, 30th Wednesday (II), October 26, 2016
- Building the Kingdom through Reverencing Christ in Marriage, 30th Tuesday (II), October 25, 2016
- Imitating God in Mercy, 30th Monday (II), October 24, 2016
- Living the Truth in Love and Growing to Full Stature in Christ, 29th Saturday (II), October 22, 2016
- Living in a Manner Worthy of our Calling and the Signs of the Times, 29th Friday (II), October 21, 2016
- Mutual Mercy at the Summit, Votive Mass of St. Dominic, October 20, 2016
- The Fire of the Love that Surpasses Knowledge, 29th Thursday (II), October 20, 2016
- Faithful and Prudent Stewards of God's Presence and Mysteries, 29th Wednesday (II), October 19, 2016
- The Orderly Account of the Lord's Mercy, Feast of St. Luke, October 18, 2016
- The Holy Weapons in the Revolution of Mercy, The Anchor, October 28, 2016
- Sharing the Riches We've Been Forgiven, The Anchor, October 14, 2016
- Making Divine Mercy our Mission in Life, The Anchor, September 30, 2016
- Being Led through the Door of Mercy, The Anchor, September 16, 2016
- The Wrinkled Face of the Good Samaritan, The Anchor, September 2, 2016
- The Mystagogy of Mercy in the Mass, Anchor, August 19, 2016
- The Pilgrimage of Mercy, The Anchor, August 5, 2016
- A New Feast of Mercy, The Anchor, July 22, 2016
- The Merciful Mean between Merciless Extremes, The Anchor, July 8, 2016
- Courageous and Truthful Enough to be Merciful?, The Anchor, June 24, 2016
- How Christ Brings Hope through the Sisters of Life Led by Mother Agnes, Relevant Radio Gala, October 5, 2016
- Asking For a Double-Portion of Mother Teresa's Spirit, P3 Night of Recollection Meditation, September 1, 2016
- Responding to the Lord's Call to Pray with Him, Catholic Medical Association Bootcamp, June 21, 2016
- The Social Teaching of St. John Paul II, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- The Entrepreneurial Vocation, Acton University, June 16, 2016
- Understanding and Living the Sacramentality of Marriage, May 7, 2016
- Resting and Remaining in God's Mercy, Frassati Fellowship of NY Young Adult Retreat, April 23, 2016
- Receiving, Rejoicing In, Living and Sharing God's Mercy in the Jubilee of Mercy and Beyond, Center Moriches NY, April 16, 2016
- Entering into and Extending Jesus’ Five-Fold Mercy in the Year of Mercy and Beyond, Holy Trinity Apostolate 19th Annual Lenten Symposium, Detroit, March 12, 2016
- How Laudato Si' is Shaping Environmental Conversations, WYA International Solidarity Forum, March 8, 2016