I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Entering into Christ's Battle — And Winning, 30th Thursday (II), October 30, 2014
- Agonizing to Follow Christ along the Narrow Way, 30th Wednesday (II), October 29, 2014
- Basing Our Christian and Priestly Life on the Foundation of the Apostles, SS. Simon and Jude, October 28, 2014
- Saint John Paul II, A Faithful and Prudent Steward, 29th Wednesday (II), October 22, 2014
- With God and With Hope in the World, 29th Tuesday (II), October 21, 2014
- The Extraordinary Synod's Final Report, The Anchor, October 31, 2014
- Sounding a Clear Trumpet on the Gospel of the Family, The Anchor, October 24, 2014
- Letting Christ, Not Confusion, Reign: Evaluating the Synod by Francis' Own Evangelical Principles, National Catholic Register, October 20, 2014
- A Lighthouse in Turbulent Seas, The Anchor, October 17, 2014
- The Church at Her Best, The Anchor, October 10, 2014
- Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Church and the Priesthood, Lake Charles Priests' Retreat, Oct 27-31, 2014
- Extraordinary Synod of Bishops on the Pastoral Challenges to the Family, Baton Rouge Legatus Chapter, October 23, 2014
- St. John Paul II, Pope Francis and the Kairos of Mercy, New Orleans North Shore Legatus Chapter, October 22, 2014
- The Missionary Transformation of the Church, Parishes and Us: Pope Francis’ Ten Challenges to All Catholics, October 8, 2014
- Life, Love and Family and the Defense of Religious Liberty, September 27, 2014