I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Weak or Strong Foundations, 34th Tuesday (I), November 24, 2015
- Total Self-Giving to God, 34th Monday (I), November 23, 2015
- The Virtues of the Kingdom to Withstand the Desolating Abomination, 24th Sunday after Pentecost (EF), November 22, 2015
- Following Mary into the Temple and into Eternity, 33rd Saturday (I), November 21, 2015
- The Reconsecration of our Temple, 33rd Friday (I), November 20, 2015
- Recognizing the Time of our Visitation, 33rd Thursday (I), November 19, 2015
- Investing Wisely the Gold Coin of Our Life, 33rd Wednesday (I), November 18, 2015
- Overcoming Obstacles to Keep Our Eyes on God, 33rd Tuesday (I), November 17, 2015
- Learning to Pray with the Need and Faith of the Blind Man, 33rd Monday (I), November 16, 2015
- Praying with Faithful Perseverance, 32nd Saturday (I), November 14, 2015
- Saturday Night Reparation, The Anchor, November 20, 2015
- Scandals, The Anchor, November 13, 2015
- The Universal Call to Spiritual Heroism, The Anchor, November 6, 2015
- The Most Endearing and Enduring of All the Works of Mercy, The Anchor, October 30, 2015
- The Point of Marriage and Family Life, The Anchor, October 23, 2015
- Bringing Out More Fully the Rosary's Christological Depth, The Anchor, October 16, 2015
- Some Thoughts on Francis and Kim, The Anchor, October 9, 2015
- Three Pages From My Papal Visit Notebook, The Anchor, October 2, 2015
- One Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church With and Under the Living Peter, The Anchor, September 25, 2015
- The Level At Which We Will Encounter the Pope, The Anchor, September 18, 2015
- Thinking with the Church, Day of Recollection for Kenrick-Glennon Seminary, November 10, 2015
- Three Aspects of Pope Francis' Reform of the Church, 2015 Meeting of the Missouri Bishops and Major Superiors of Religious Congregations, November 9, 2015
- Lessons for a Priest's Baptismal and Ministerial Consecration from St. Teresa and St. Margaret Mary, October 14, 2015
- Rediscovering Virtue, Catholic Medical Association Annual Education Conference, October 3, 2015
- Preparing for Pope Francis' Visit, Parish Retreat Day, September 12, 2015
- World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation, P3 Night of Recollection, September 1, 2015
- The Curé of Ars and Living a Truly Eucharistic Life, August 4, 2015
- The Christian Response to the Obergefell Decision, July 8, 2015
- Evangelii Gaudium: Pope Francis and the Joy-Filled Missionary Metamorphosis of the Church, Portsmouth Institute, June 20, 2015
- The Gift of Hunger, Invocation before Meals, Acton University, June 17, 2015